Dress your property for success.
Bold would like to share some simple presentation tips with you, which may help to present your property in the best possible light. It is often the little things that can make the biggest impact. For example, first impressions really do count because it is estimated that over 50% of properties are sold even before the prospective buyer steps through the front door! These are just a few practical ways in which you can make an instant, positive impression, which will go a long way towards making a successful sale.
- Remove bikes, tools, and try clutter
- Keep lawns mowed, paths edged, hedges trimmed and gardens weeded
- A few well-positioned flowering potted plants can create a welcoming appearance
- Having the exterior washed and windows cleaned can make an enormous difference
- Paint or wash fences, gates, screens, steps and the front door
- Ensure your pets are secured so that they won't pose a threat or annoy visitors
- Outside lighting is a must for evening inspections
Positive first impressions
- Your front door and entranceway are areas that can make a powerful first impression
- A newly decorated front entrance with attractive topiary shrubs either side can be effective
- Position an attractive plant or piece of art to add that final touch
Appeal to the senses
- A general spring clean will freshen the look and the air
- Turn on sufficient lights when showings are being held to compensate for any dark areas
- Use odour neutralisers to dispel cigarette or animal smells. The delicious aroma of brewing coffee or freshly baked bread will convey the impression that you enjoy your property
- Place freshly cut flowers throughout your property
- Interesting knick-knacks, books or artwork in feature areas around your property can encourage visitors to linger
- Bathrooms should be gleaming. Repair any broken tiles and reseal aroud the bath and basin if necessary. A dish of scented potpourri or soaps adds a nice touch, but avoid overpowering scents
- Turn the radio or TV off, maybe in favour of restful music
- Make sure the temperature inside is comfortable - even light the fire in winter
It's the little things that count
- Attend to any small maintenance jobs such as sticking doors or windows, dripping taps, squeaking hinges, loose door handles, blown light bulbs or faulty switches.
Create a feeling of spaciousness
- Ensure your kitchen is spotless, the working areas are uncluttered with tidy cupboards and pantry
- Make sure closets are tidy - they'll look larger
- Mirrors in smaller rooms can convey the feeling of more space
- To enlarge room size appearance, perhaps look at moving some furniture and ornaments into storage
Style to impress
- Once clutter free, consider using a home stylist or home staging service. Home stylists will take a look at your space, and then loan you the furniture which is the size and style best suited for your home, which will make a space look bigger, comfortable and liveable.
- Speak with your sales consultant who can help you organise a staging service.